My first stitchfix


Well it has been a busy couple weeks here in the northcraft residence and already a whole month has passed since my last post. I have a couple ones in the works right now that will update you on the things that have been going on this blog will be dedicated to my first stitchfix experience. I have been on a mission to update my frumpy mom wardrobe and decided to give stitchfix a try. It is a personal styling website. You fill out a styling profile with your measurements preferences and such pay a 20$ styling fee (that can be used towards your first purchase), create a pinterest board to inspire your personal stylist and within a few weeks you get a package with 5 personalized items picked just for you. You keep the ones that you like and put the rest into the prepaid envelope to send back.

I was super critical about this whole thing. I knew that there clothing items averaged at 50$ a piece which is pretty steep for my budget but I have read so many good reviews about and how it helped people get out of there comfort zone style wise which is exactly what I wanted. And let's be honest with walmart and fred meyer's as my only clothing options in my price ranged this seemed  like it was worth a try.

I got my package and when I unwrapped it I was a little disappointed. A colorful crazy patterned top, a green-greyish dolman top, black skinny jeans with zippers on the bottom, a white grey stripped top with orange embroidery and a basic navy blue knit cardigan. Not exactly the bold patterns I was hoping for and no sweater that I had asked for. I just felt like it didn't represent at all what I had pinned to my board. 

Deep breaths. You wanted to try something unexpected and these items are definitely not what you expected. All the other bloggers that had given stitch fix a try said that the selection gets better every time you order a new fix and that it takes time and patience to get a box where you will want to keep everything. They also said that they would always try all the pieces and that often that something that didn't look great in the box just felt and looked great once tried on. So deep breaths and let's do this. ( you will have forgive me for the horrible bathroom selfie and no make-up. Ezra was keeping me busy the day I got my fix and I wanted to get those pictures done and send the clothes back I wasn't keeping.)

Excuse the blurry picture. This was the colorful top I got. First off all the colors were too much all over the place for me. Second when I tried it on it was a belly free top for me with my super long torso! (Which is also why you don't get a picture of me in it) Needless to say this was sent back.

I did like this super comfy light knit cardigan they sent me but I have already a cotton version in the exact same color and cut so back it went.
This stripey top was super cut. I wish the applique on top would have been an other color than orange. I also didn't think the high-low cut was flattering on me. Since I didn't completely love it I decided to send it back.
This is the green dolman top which turned out to be my big surprise. When I saw it in the box I was 100% sure I would send it back. I have had an aversion towards dolman tops for a while and felt like they made everyone look frumpy. Well I tried this piece on and holy moly the fabric was incredibly soft and it was so comfortable. I tried it on with one of my statement necklaces and it look super cute and dressed up. I did not know what I had been missing out on all this time. This top is perfect for a day at the beach with Ezra or dressed up with some jewelry for a night out or with a pencil skirt for church. This top has found it's way into my closet. The skinny jeans I'm wearing are the ones they sent me. They were super comfy but at 79$ sadly out of my price range. I also felt like they made my butt look bigger.

SO now to the final review. I love the Idea of stitch fix and how it works. It is perfect for busy mom's, if the closing selection in your town is limited or if you want a nudge to try on clothes that you probably wouldn't pick for yourself if you saw them on a rack in the store. I do wish they would offer clothes more in the 30$ price range rather than only 50$ and up but with how high quality the fabric seemed of the clothes they sent me I can let that go, plus it helps that they let you apply the 20$ styling fee to any item you keep out of the order. I love that you can choose to get a package regularly or just order one whenever you have a little extra ( which is what I will be doing). I still wish my stylist would have taken my plea for a cute sweater and some bold patterns serious but I'm sure as I order my fixes they will be more tailored to my taste.

If you have gotten curious and would like to try it for yourself click here: www.stitchfix.com and don't forget to mention me as your referral when you order your first fix.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working momma over here!

Flying with little kids 2.0...

Cherish the now