Goals goals goals...

I'm a someone that likes to constantly work on myself and try to improve myself and I achieve that best by setting goals. I have set a few for this year and a lot of them are very long-term goals that require some good financial back up. I would like to start online school by the beginning of next year and get my masters done but I have to start all over since none of my schooling from switzerland will transfer- that is a long shot from now so I will take this step by step. My a little bit more in reach goal is to get in shape tj and I are starting a low carb diet and I want to start running and doing pilates again. I LOVE LOVE LOVE  pilates besides riding horses and snowboarding it's one of the few fitness tools that is a lot of fun to me and it makes me feel amazing and so in controll of my body. I also want to start my own online shop for baby quilts since I love making them and it's something I can do for myself during naptime they don't take too long to make and I can be creative with the patterns and fabric without it taking too much time out of my day. I love to be crafty and create things but I found for myself that I do a lot better with short term projects that I can finish within a week or so.

So here is to my first short term goal getting in shape:
When I was in olympia I got an awesome stroller blanket that zip's around Ezra and is super warm so the little guy doesn't have to freeze his little bum off while Mommy is running. I need to order a rain cover for my stroller since we do get a lot of snow and rain here in juneau and nobody wants a sick baby-especially not after last week. 

I like to make meal plans. I found that I spend a lot less money on groceries if I make a meal plan and we don't waste as much food since everything is planned into a meal. I'm also a lot more motivated to cook since I already have everything on hand and only need to throw it together. I get most of my recipes of off pinterest and haven't tried many of the ones that we will be eating but I'll let you know how we like them. We try to keep carbs and calories down but decided that it is ok for us to have rice or pasta once a week. Here is the meal plan for this coming week:

Monday
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs
Lunch:
Turkey breast pinwheels with tomato,romaine lettuce in low carb tortilla
Dinner:
oven baked salmon (I just wrap it in foil with lemon and seasonings and bake it)

Tuesday
Breakfast
Dinner:
and romaine lettuce

Wednesday
Breakfast
Dinner
Slow cooker pepper steak with something

Thursday
Breakfast
hard boiled egg
Dinner
Thai Red curry with rice substitue shrimp for chicken

Friday
Breakfast
greek yoghurt with berries
Dinner

Saturday
Breakfast
spinach quesadillas
Dinner
Spinach, beet, egg and lettuce salad
with steak

Sunday
Breakfast
oatmeal with berries
Dinner
stuffed portobello mushrooms (cheddar ham and spinach) 
and leftovers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working momma over here!

Flying with little kids 2.0...

Cherish the now