On nights like tonight...

It is 12:08 am and I'm sitting here in the living room trying to convince Ezra to go to sleep. Right now he is rolling around the floor babbling processing  the events of the day. Just a minute ago I held him in my arms his chubby cheek pressed against mine, his little fingers holding me tight. Slowly rocking back and forth in the recliner enjoying the quietness of the night just him and me. Yes I am tired but tonight that doesn't  matter all that is on my mind is that sweet baby and how what feels like just a glimpse of a second ago he was this little newborn that needed me every minute every day, and now he is mobile rolling wherever he wants to go, he has gotten pretty good at showing me what he wants, he eats solids and the snuggles have gotten fewer since now he is constantly  on the move. Tonight I will cherish the snuggles  and enjoy the quietness...Tonight I'm wishing on a star wanting him to stay little, needing him to not loose that look of complete admiration  like I'm  the only person in the world he wants and needs, hoping those little hands won't stop reaching for me. Tonight it is just me and him, snuggling, listening to the quietness of the night. Wishing I could stop the clock for a minute and keep those precious moments from passing by too fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working momma over here!

Flying with little kids 2.0...

Cherish the now